- studying and teaching the Holy Scriptures, Theology, the Church Fathers, Liturgy, Catechesis, Ecumenism, etc;
- the achievement of mission outreaches, Spiritual Exercises, education and Christian formation of children and young people, and also works of charity with the most needy (abandoned children, the handicapped, the sick, the elderly);
- the search and formation of suitable ministers of the Word, in the publication of magazines, treatises, books, etc. By the oral and written word we want to prolong the Word.” (Const. 16)
“The risen Christ, King of the Universe, sends His apostles to all nations to continue His own redeeming mission which ‘is to enable people to share in the communion which exists between the Father and the Son (Redemptoris Missio, 23).’Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you (Mt. 28:19-20).
This sending has two characteristics:
- A universal dimension: all men are called to be a part of the Kingdom of God, since God wants all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Tim. 2:4).
- The certainty of divine help: I am with you always, until the end of the world (Mt 28:20); they went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them (Mk. 16:20) (Const., 161-162).”
The Work of Evangelization
Our work includes:
- Popular Missions: intensive two-week parish evangelization according to the method of St. Alphonsus of Liguori. “In response to the Bishops’ requests, the Institute can accept to help in parishes, preferably in missionary areas or those in most need” (cf. Const., 173).
- The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola: we assist our priests in the work of offering this retreat as a spiritual apostolate to the laity. The principal goal is to teach the participants how to overcome oneself and direct one’s life according to God’s will. For more information, please visit the IVE Spiritual Exercises website.
- Parish work and sacristy work with the intention of promoting the solemnity of the celebration of the Sunday Liturgy (cf. Const., 181).
- Teaching in elementary schools, secondary schools and catechism programs
- Assisting in Theological and Philosophical publications, including English and Spanish texts of IVE Press (www.ivepress.org) and through participation in the Fr. Cornelio Fabro Cultural Project (www.corneliofabro.org).
- Youth Ministry: pilgrimages, the Annual IVE Youth Day, summer camps, campus ministry, lay volunteer opportunities (see the Lay Missionaries page) and World Youth Day.
- Works of Mercy: orphanages, homes for disabled children and youth, homes for the elderly, work in hospitals and nursing homes, and pro-life counseling and education.